Most of us are very focused on great graphics and catchy tag lines for our social posts, as this has been the trend for the last several years. These are still important, but it’s time to get on the video train. If you can believe it video marketing has been around since 1941, although we have only been able to figure out how to execute a successful video marketing campaign in the last decade.
There are many reasons you should be using video in your marketing. According to Inslivia Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. If you aren’t currently using video you need to climb aboard the video train. Need more convincing? Check out the stats below:
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than in 2017. (Cisco)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than reading text. (Wordstream)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (eMarketer)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
These statistics indicate that companies should be investing more in video content. There are so many ways you can utilize video and also reuse video content on multiple platforms. If you aren’t sure what option you have for video content below are some examples of ways you can utilize video content.
- Customer testimonials
- Live streams
- Live video
- Product videos
- Video blogs (vlogs)
There are so many options in the video arena, so pick one to start and get comfortable, creating valuable and insightful content that adds value to your customers. One last tip before you start, the optimal length of a video for maximized engagement is 2 minutes or less. In a future blog, we will go through some tools to maximize your video content. Until then, make some videos and have some fun with your marketing.
If you aren’t sure where to start, reach out to team Digitiv for a consultation, we’d love to help!